Monday, November 14, 2005

I never met a rose

Oh I have met a daisy
But where we met is hazy
And I have walked the streets
With marguerites
And clinging vines beside me

Oh I've met a lot of those
But I never met a rose

There's often been a heather
An armful all together
And I have even met a violet
That almost satisfied me

Yes I've met every kind that grows
But I never met a rose

Among the dallies
I often dally
I left a lily in the valley

But now and then I ponder
And wonder as I wander
Among the fields and shrub
Perhaps the trouble is
Who knows
That I never met a rose

Never, never met a rose

While roaming through the clover
Could I have passed her over
When all is said and done
Am I the one to blame
Who knows
That I never met a rose

Never, never met a rose


~Music by Frederick Loewe, Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner

No comments: