Monday, December 05, 2005

Ha ha, ha, ha, ha! My people have come together to defend my honor!

Okay, so there's probably a less self-centered way of thinking about this. But when some duck-humping, homophobic, rock-stupid, anti-sex, illiterate hillbilly from the hated state of Tennessee gets into trouble in my beloved home of the Bay Area....
Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN) thought he'd do some fundraising in San Francisco. But that was before word got out that Ford is one of only 36 Democrats in Congress who voted for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

The conservative Democrat has been holding fundraisers around the country for his 2006 bid for Bill Frist's senate seat.

After Mayor Gavin Newsom heard the news, the famed same-sex marriage champion backed out of the scheduled fundraiser and urged Ford to cancel the event.


...I choose to see it as the sincerest form of flattery.

1 comment:

egalia said...

It made my day too!!!