Friday, December 09, 2005

'Tis the season

As mentioned previously, we here at Dictionopolis in Digitopolis are among those who feel that Daily Show host Jon Stewart is a god. Well, even gods need easy pitches now and then, and our dear friend Bill O'Reilly was good enough to serve one up recently.

As a demonstration of the alleged "war on Christmas," O'Reilly showed a clip from The Daily Show, implying to his television audience it was recent, and flat-out telling his radio listeners it had aired the day before.

Well, funny story. The clip was a year old. Like I say, easy pitch, but even an easy pitch is worth watching if Jackie Robinson's going to hit it out of the park. (Right now, certain of my friends are saying "Ben, that was a baseball metaphor! You feel all right?).

Media Matters has an item including a transcript of Stewart's response. It's not as good as seeing it, but I havent found a video clip yet (if I do I'll add it). Here, though, is Mr. Stewart's conclusion:
If Bill O'Reilly needs to have an enemy, needs to feel persecuted, you know what? Here's my Kwanzaa gift to him. Are you ready? All right. I'm your enemy. Make me your enemy. I, Jon Stewart, hate Christmas, Christians, Jews, morality, and I will not rest until every year families gather to spend December 25th together at Osama's homo-abortion-pot-and-commie-jizzporium.

The man's a god.

No comments: