Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Now that's religion

A German church group has caused controversy by releasing a calendar using nude models to portray bible scenes.

The calendar, on sale for £8 in the Katzwanger church in Nuremburg, contains photos such as a naked Eve holding an apple between her breasts for Adam.

Another month shows a topless Delilah cutting the hair of a sleeping Sampson.

Other pictures portray the baptism of Jesus, Lot's daughters, the dance of Salome and the sacrifice of Isaac - many involving nudity.

2 comments:

Bilingual Blah Girl said...

Wow, how did YOU find out about that? I read about it in local newspapers and heard about it on the radio. I was surprised how nude the people in the pics really are. I first thought it was done more "artistically", i.e. they'd be naked but you wouldn't see anything. But that's not the case. I wouldn't buy the calendar, but I'm not offended either.

Oh, and it should be NurembErg, not -burg. In German it's Nürnberg. The ü can be written as ue on keyboards that don't have it. Sorry, I'll stop lecturing now.

Ben Varkentine said...

Shakespeare's Sister did an entry on it.

As for the spelling correction, it doesn't offend me-the whole post is quoted from the news item, so it's them, not me...