Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This blog needs to return to its higher purpose

Over in thoughts from an empty head, SAP replies to Maxim's naming of Lindsay Lohan as The Most Beautiful Girl in the World.


I can personally think of at least seven women right off the bat who are infinitely more beautiful than Lohan.


And so SAP features them. My favorites on that list: Freema Agyeman (I think a better picture might have been found, but that's me) and Jewel Staite (hey, just because I don't think Firefly was all that doesn't mean I don't know a hot babe when I see one) .

So I figured I could also think of at least seven women who are more beautiful than Ms. Lohan. And I figured, just for the challenge and to keep you all entertained, I would do so without relying on Anne Hathaway or any of the rest of the usual suspects.

As it turns out, I thought of nine.

So.

In no particular order, here are nine women who may be less celebrated, but are definitely more beautiful than Lindsay Lohan.

Gina Philips. An actress who may be best known as the star of the first Jeepers Creepers movie. As I've written in the past, the creepiest thing about the Jeepers movies is how pedophile-erotic they are. Especially when you know that they were directed and written by a convicted child molester. But you can't blame Philips for that; she does a good job and looks like this.

Sarah Polley. As an actress, she's the queen of what they call "small" movies, with the odd exception like the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. She's also an award-winning screenwriter and director whose first feature, Away From Her, is in limited release now and has been getting terrific reviews.

But. For me, it's always been hard not to think of her as little Sally Salt in Terry Gilliam's The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, also starring Uma Thurman. Even as Polley grew up and turned into Uma's younger sister...

Kim Cattrall. Who really ought to get some kind of special mention on account of she's been scary sexy for over 20 years.

Kelly, aka WarriorTwo. A friendly, thoughtful and bright old girlfriend who is also a damn pretty, kissable (if memory serves) babe and a woman of vision not at all subsceptible to flattery.

On a completely unrelated matter, I sent her my novel a couple of days ago.


And, of course, the Go Gos, especially Jane and Belinda.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm, good choices ...

Wow. THAT's Sarah Polley?!?!?

O.O

Kelly Peeples said...

I was the LAST person I expected to see on that list. But thanks for the compliment. That's nowhere near a good picture, either. On a list with Sarah Polley! Wow.

I'm still reading it!