Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Interview: When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV

Questions from Johnny Bacardi...

1. Give me three guilty pleasure movies.


The Mummy films.



A lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing, but...



Xanadu. I cringe to think how many times I've seen this, especially since my cable company keeps making it availible On Demand. It's mostly 'cos I just like the songs that much.

As a movie musical, it deserves every critical hard knock it's ever gotten. But not so many as...

The Pirate Movie.



...and this one, I can't explain at all. It's rightly fabled for its cheesiness, no ifs, ands or buts. Yet I've seen it almost as many times as Xanadu.

2. I've been enjoying your ongoing appreciation of attractive actresses that share your birth year. Who among this list would you consider least attractive?


I would probably have to say Tonya Harding.

3. Name me one book you wish you had written.


All I can think of is a book I wish I had had published...

4. Last CD you bought.


It's been a few years. These days I get most of my CDs either through the generosity of friends or free for review. It was either the Essential Johnny Cash 1955-83, or one of Colin Hay's solo albums.


5. What's your drink? Assuming you do so, that is...


I don't frequently, but when I do, I enjoy many things mixed with Coke...

2 comments:

Johnny Bacardi said...

I like Xanadu, too, up to a point- and like you, it's mostly for the songs- "Magic" and "Xanadu" especially. Guess it helps that I like ELO. Plus, a young lady friend of my acquaintance a few years ago was so fond of it that she convinced me of its merits, such as they are...! I'm kinda easily manipulated sometimes...I'm sure you know what I mean.

I liked the first Mummy, too. Good popcorn flick, and I've always liked Brendan Fraser.

Ben Varkentine said...

Why do I get the feeling that when it comes to The Pirate Movie, you're just shaking your head and looking at me sadly?