Sunday, August 26, 2007

Women my own age, Part 11

Amanda Peet, born January 11, 1972.



She's fine, and she's been a part of a Sorkin ensemble. What the hell more do you want out of life? Well, maybe that she’s the smartest actress the world has ever known, Jodie Foster be damned. I quote from E! Online:



“When asked why moviegoers went crazy for her as a dental assistant cum hit woman in the comedy The Whole Nine Yards, she sagely answers, “Um, ’cause I took my clothes off?”


Nicole Eggert, born January 13, 1972. I don't have too much to say about Ms Eggert, one way or another. I watched Charles In Charge like everybody else in 1984, but I barely remember her in it.

It's just that I've had this joke in my head for a few years, and I never got to tell it, so I'm going to tell it now.

In 2004 Eggert participated in a bottom-of-the-barrel "reality" series called The Real Gilligan's Island that I somehow got hooked into watching. It's probably self-evident, but if you need to know more about how this show worked, here ya go.

All you need to know for my joke is that at one point, they were doing the apparently obligatory on these series must-eat gag-inducing-food "challenge."

Ms. Eggert was heard admitting "This [bee larvae] is the most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth."

And all I could think was, "And you went with Corey Haim."

And now, to help you put that image out of your head,

Sarah Clarke, born February 16, 1972. Spoiler warning: I can't talk about Ms. Clarke without talking about her role in the first couple seasons of 24, so if you haven't seen those and think you're going to, stop reading now.

Ok, still with me? Clarke was, of course, Nina Myers, who turned out to be the first and best in a long line of CTU moles. It was a twist that may have made people sit up and pay attention at the time, but now has become stale (much like the series itself).

Clarke and the writers made Nina one of the best villains ever on TV, and although it made for a strong moment when Jack killed her off...



...the show still misses her.

Away from CTU, Clarke has had a guest-star part on an episode of House, and supporting roles in films like Thirteen and Happy Endings. Nothing else has brought her the fame that Nina did, but I'd keep an eye on her...

No comments: