Friday, August 31, 2007

Okay, the Larry Craig thing

Kathy has a good entry at If I Ran the Zoo that sums up most of what I would say in the headline: It's the Hypocrisy, Stupid.

But there is something I've been wanting to hit you with and link to, just so I can crow a very little, little bit. Let me ask you to cast your mind back to April of this year. I wrote a post about an article which had quoted Sen. Craig's reaction to the then-recent shootings at Virginia Tech. I pointed out that the reporter did so without disclosing Craig's connection to the National Rifle Association.

I also said this:

...have a look at the aforementioned Sen. Craig, on the issues. Among other positive things, notice the consistent record of voting against same-sex marriage, prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation, and other gay rights issues.

We all know what that means, don't we?

An anti-gay rights GOP Senator?

Uh-huh, that's right. He has sex with men.


My point is, this is something that I knew even before the "disorderly conduct" incident to which he recently pleaded guilty. That took place June 11, my blog post was April 17. So if I knew, with my low-traffic blog that these days is mainly devoted to appreciations of "the fairer sex," how can any lawmakers or big Christian groups claim ignorance?

They don't want him to resign 'cause he's gay. They knew he was gay. They must have. They want him to resign because he got caught.

This, the Republicans demand accountability for.

The Iraq war? Goin' great!

No comments: