Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Women my own age, Part 14

Selma Blair, born June 23, 1972. By the by, according to a news item that was bouncing around the world a week or two ago, Ms Blair is "unhappy with her looks."

'I don't bleach my teeth, I chain smoke, I'm flat-chested, I'm pale as a ghost and I've crow's feet.'

Okay, the chain smoking breaks my heart (first Keira, now you...why, Selma, why?).

Other than that...she's insane.

But maybe that's what it is that I love about her, she has an ambiguity as an actress that I find very attractive.

I can't wait for "Hellboy 2." I've come to enjoy the first a lot more over the years-it has more weight than I at first thought.

(deep breath)

She also gave a good performance in a film that was ultimately too depressing, "Storytelling," wore a large pair of fake breasts in the movie "A Dirty Shame," which was, she was attractive-which is all anyone needed to be-in "Cruel Intentions" and with previous WMOA Christina Applegate starred in "The Sweetest Thing," which wasn't, but as I've said earlier this week, I like almost in spite of itself.

Whew! Now, on to...

Maya Rudolph, born July 27, 1972.



Actually, I've found Ms. Rudolph to be one of the more amusing performers on "Saturday Night Live" right now. This is to say she's actually made me laugh, which is more than most. I was also interested to read in the book "Live From New York" that she's the daughter of Minnie Ripperton.

Ripperton, of course, was the singer most known for a single that only dogs could hear, "Loving You". This in itself was later sampled into The Orb’s moody “A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld."

This in no way brings us to:

Elizabeth Berkley, born July 28, 1972. I said in the first post of this series that these were supposed to be "appreciations" of women my own age. Well, I appreciate Elizabeth Berkley.



But I hate myself in the morning.

No comments: