Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Women my own age, Part 13

After some consideration, I'm not including her in this series, but FWIW, Jennifer Garner is looking better than I've ever seen her in those new ads she's doing. Maybe motherhood is agreeing with her.



Julie Benz, born May 1, 1972. Never in very many good movies, television has been a lot better to the cute, hot blonde Benz. She derives most of her fans from her recurring appearances as Darla on Buffy (and later Angel). In fact she's the first vampire we ever see in the series.

This being the case, I always get a kick out of the knowledge that she's married to John Kassir. (Kassir is the voice man and character actor who's best known as the voice of the Crypt Keeper in Tales from the Crypt. He can also be seen in Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical...embodying the title)



Alison Eastwood, born May 22, 1972. Far be it from me to speculate on what issues Ms. Eastwood might have with her iconic father. But I think you have to admit the above picture is a therapist's gold mine.

Ms. Eastwood has yet to figure out how to best use whatever genes and other advantages she's inherited, never really making a name for herself as an actress. At least in films that most people have seen. Which is too bad, in a way, because when she was about 13 she gave a superb performance in Tightrope, as her father's daughter.

But she had the bad luck to choose as one of her first films as an adult the legendary example of shameful filmmaking, Friends & Lovers. Which if anyone remembers (doubtful), it's likely they remember only because she's nude in it.

Most recently, having failed to distinguish herself by following in her father's footsteps once, she's trying it again as the director of the forthcoming indie, Rails & Ties.

It would seem to me as though competing with her father as a director is only slightly less suicidal than as an actor, but that may just be my jealousy talking. I wish my father was a wealthy icon who'd given me jobs in his movies and I'd grown up privileged too...

Robin Tunney, born June 19, 1972.



Oh, those ex-Catholic school girls....

Actually, Ms. Tunney has much in common with Natasha Gregson-Wagner, at least from my POV. I've only seen her in one or two movies (if Rotten Tomatoes is anything to go by, only one or two of them are worth seeing).

(I did see her on Celebrity Poker Showdown, where as I remember it, she said almost nothing and came off rather cold...but won the game.)

But also like Ms. Gregson-Wagner, I think she's gorgeous...and has perfect breasts.

Click to see image in original size

No comments: