Wednesday, August 29, 2007

or even your year. But -

Thanks to Jen, who sent me Ebert's Your Movie Sucks book from my Amazon.com wish list for my birthday. It's the follow-up to I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie, and I'm happy to get it.

(Changed) thanks to Jen too for The Lightning Seeds' Sense CD, also from my Amazon list.

I bought this album on casette when it was new; it has some of my favorite songs by the band, which is really just one guy, Ian Broudie. Songs like this, one of the best album-opening title tracks ever.

I remember thinking the first time I heard it that this album was going to be something magical. I was right.

(note: the audio doesn't quite work for about the first five seconds of this video, but it corrects itself)

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

The Lightning Seeds thing was from me, too.

Ben Varkentine said...

Ah. That was my second guess...