Monday, August 27, 2007

Ok, the Owen Wilson thing (sorta)

As you may or may not have heard, actor Owen Wilson was hospitalized today following what may have been, reportedly, a suicide attempt.


"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," Wilson said in a statement released by his representative to celebrity website TMZ.com.



Later Monday, sources close to the actor cited by syndicated entertainment television show "Extra" said Wilson had attempted to take his own life.


I don't care much about Wilson either way-I seem to have missed most of his films, but not because I don't like him, particularly. I hope he gets any and all of the care he needs, and that's all I'll say about his case.

What I wanted to say, in a bigger sense, is that...here's a movie star. Someone who would seem; certainly compared to just about anybody reading this blog, to have no real problems.

When stuff like this happens...it scares me.

No comments: