Friday, December 14, 2007

I don't like Christianity when it does things that should be beneath it

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) has introduced a resolution (H.Res. 847) saying, and I am not making this up, that Christmas and Christians are important. The House is scheduled to vote on this groundbreaking resolution on Tuesday.


Get a grip, Steve (and yes, his name makes me feel like I'm dreaming too).

Update - The House passed this bill today. The vote, surprisingly, was 372-9, with 10 members also voting "Present," meaning they took no position on the legislation, and 40 not voting. One of the "Present" votes was cast by Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.). More Democrats -195 - voted for the bill than Republicans, 177.

The nine members who voted against the bill - God bless them! - are Reps. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.), Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), Alcee Hastings (D-Fla.), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Jim McDermott (D-Wash.), Bobby Scott (D-Va.), Pete Stark (D-Calif.) and Lynn Woolsey (D-Calif.).



I take some pride in the fact that my elected Representative, "Bagdad" Jim McDermott (one of the 100 worst Americans!), is one of those who voted agin.

And that's all I'll say, except to add that I'm with this guy, and strongly recommend you go read what he says.

No comments: