Monday, December 10, 2007

While thinking about it, please enjoy these pictures of Gabrielle Anwar

I was IMing with Mana just now, and she said (jokingly) about me and women:

not very picky are you?

I replied:



I prefer to think I am dependable in my steadfast allegiance to beauty in all of its shapes.

to which she responded

what you just wrote about yourself, you should put that in your "about me" section



Which isn't a bad idea, but on the other hand I'm not quite sure. Looking back, it looks fucking pompous. Which of course I am, but I try to cut it. So I thought I'd put it to you, my gentle reading audience. Pompous...or fabulous?



(Click to make second picture bigger.)

2 comments:

Richard said...

The line sounds precisely like the sort of thing a person might say to deliberately poke fun at his own pretentions and thereby let everyone else know that he's in on the joke. The genuinely self-important and pretentious person can't laugh at himself; that's, like, the opposite of pomposity. But if you don't use this line because you're afraid it might make you look pompous, that would mean you're controlled by your vanity and concern for your public appearance...and that would be pompous.

Ben Varkentine said...

Curses! I've been run rings round logically!