Friday, December 14, 2007

Remember how I said that Waitress was sweet? Well Ghost Rider is suh-weet!

It's one of those movies which reassures me, for all that I am more in touch with my "feminine side" than many or perhaps most men...I am still such a boy.

To me a "guilty pleasure" is something about which you say "I know, but..." With Ghost Rider, yeah, I know, it takes itself almost as seriously as Hulk, and yeah, some of the dialogue is leaden.

I don't care. It's too much fucking fun. Unlike Hulk, it doesn't collapse under its own weight, and the stars know what to do with the dialogue, which is to take a great big bite out of it.

Nicholas Cage plays Johnny-as-Elvis, and Eva Mendes actually gives me a reason to watch her besides the fact that I think she's so hot she's actually bad for my eyes.

And she's good people. Plus, you gotta love her fashion sense.



I do, anyway.

No comments: