Wednesday, January 23, 2008

feminine policeman



I have no idea who this is, I just stumbled on the picture which was accompanying this poem, which I have translated from the Portuguese via AltaVista Babel Fish. I like it.

In the principle I age the Eva
Created for the happiness of Adam
Later I was Maria
Giving to the light that one
That it would bring the salvation
But this would not be enough
I to find pardon.
I started to be Amélia
The truth woman
For the society
She did not have the lesser vanity
But she dreamed of the equality.
Much time later I decided:
It does not give more!
I want my dignity
I have my ideals!
Today I am not alone wife or son
I am father, mother, support of family
I am truck driver, taxista,
Pilot of airplane, feminine policeman,
Laborer in construction...
To the world I ask for license
To act where to want
My last name is ABILITY
E my name is WOMAN!


the Author, near as I can tell, is someone called desconhecido.

No comments: