Sunday, January 20, 2008

This is a song called "Boys Don't Cry," originally by a singer named Plumb.

I found her picture on a random image search for my other blog, and thought she had darned near perfect eyes, especially in close-up. I'd never heard any of her songs, however, so I looked up a couple. Apparently she falls into the genre of Christian Rock, but I refuse to hold that against her.

This cover is another in my regular feature of acoustics done by an amateur girl or two. The singer is a farm girl in Michigan; she's 15, and the guitarist her "BFF."



I think it's actually better than the original, which doesn't seem to have done much when it was released three or four years ago. As a song, I like but don't love it; one lyric in particular seems to just lie there (it's the one that starts "But you're okay with this...").

No comments: