Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winning smiles

A group of "cosmetic dental professionals" were polled to determine the celebrities with the best smile, and have released the top three vote getters in each sex. Eva Mendes, Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson received the most votes in the women's category, with Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Will Smith taking the crowns (get it?) among men.

Well, I have no problem with the women, especially the first two, though I admit I've never fully understood the appeal of Hudson. And I'm comfortable enough as a man to be able to say that Pitt, Beckham and Smith ain't bad-looking mugs.

But. If I were gonna make a few suggestions of some smiles they forgot, I might start with the self same Miss Benson you see pictured in the post below. Or her onetime fellow cast member in The Crush, Alicia Silverstone.




Or Anna Friel has an adorable smile, though it's not enough for me not to wish her series dead.



And what's not to love about Charlize Theron's smile?



Or Jennifer Love Hewitt. For all the talk about the hotness of her girl-body--and this blog has certainly been as guilty of that as any--I'm suddenly thinking that even as that falls away (as it were) she's still going to be easy on the eyes.

Diana Rigg had one of the great smiles of the '60s...



...and she's leaving it to her daughter, Rachael Stirling.





Or tennis hottie Maria Sharapova.



And um, well, Julia Ormond. Have you ever seen a more kissable mouth in your life?

2 comments:

Johnny Bacardi said...

You know whose smile really grabs me? Bridget Fonda. Just something about the way her mouth's shaped...

Ben Varkentine said...

I'm afraid that link didn't work-but if you'll pardon the childishness of it, my favorite smile of Fonda's has been the permanent vertical one...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MG/191195~Jackie-Brown-Posters.jpg

(You know she's married to Danny Elfman, BTW?)