Sunday, October 30, 2005

Somehow I think I should be insulted

The right-wing Parents Television Council has released their Top Ten Best and Worst Shows for family viewing. This is, like, so embarassing. Not only are none of the shows I like in the "worst," but one I actually do-Everybody Hates Chris-is in the top five of the "best."

I'll never live this down. Come on, guys, don't you know how smutty Boston Legal is? And Gilmore Girls, why, Lorelei Gilmore enjoys a drink and so does her just-21 daughter, and they both have filthy, filthy minds and never go to church except on special occasions. On 24, Jack Bauer, well, he's just a roughneck and a one-time drug user. Surely Supernatural is much too violent for our little ones. And what about that bus going over a cliff on the season premiere of Veronica Mars? To say nothing of the fact that Mars plotlines both this season and last have involved statutory rape and murder.

What does a show have to do...I ask you, what does a show have to do?

1 comment:

Ben Varkentine said...

Show Gavin this:

http://zvbxrpl.blogspot.com/2004/09/why-i-hate-family-guy.html