Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ever notice how guys have got to have theories about...everything?

Here's two I like. They both appeared on The News Blog, but only the first comes from the trust of half of that site's brain, Steve Gilliard. From They think liberals are stupid:
Alito has taken some pretty ugly positions over the years. This may well turn into Bork II. The unpopular president picks a reactionary judge.

My favorite is that conservatives, faced with facts, like to say liberals are hate-filled people who want to kill babies and keep negroes on the plantation.

That would be compelling, except for one thing: they have no credibility.

For the sponsor of the Bell Curve to call a black man racist is like me calling Michael Moore fat. How that can be a credible argument is beyond me. It literally is like waving kryptonite at Batman. What is he supposed to do, run?


Second, written by a Kos diarist with the nome-de-blog "gaije:"

Alito: Bush's Desparate Cry for Help

They say dry drunks are ticking time bombs of self-destruction. They've white knuckled it through the DT's, but haven't acquired the skills needed to build and maintain stable successful lives. They may put on a good show for a while, but stability & success make them anxious. Eventually they'll find a way to self-destruct themselves back into the chaos & failure with with they're so much more comfortable. Alito's nomination tells us Bush's time bomb has detonated.

He's broken the official GOP rules of engagement with the religious right.

Follow the links and read the rest, especially of the second one.

1 comment:

Gaije said...

Hey - So, I know this is an old post, and you might very well never even get this comment, but I never knew you'd posted that link to my that old dk post of mine till I came across it just now, so I wanted to thank you, first of all. And secondly, to point out that I'm most definitely not, in fact, a guy, so I guess the need for theories runs through all chromosomal sets. And then, Gaije isn't just my nom de blog, alas, it is in fact my name. And, conveniently enough, the blog on which I've finally started posting the columns I write for an NYC paper called Our Town Downtown, which doesn't have it's own paper, Gaije's Pag, has the easy to remember address of gaije.blogspot.com. I'd rather have emailed than added this as a comment that'll most likely be overlooked, but the contact link on your profile isn't working, so....