Friday, November 04, 2005

A little something you might want to send to any friends or relations who voted for Bush

Unless, of course, you're non-confrontational, as I am. Think Progress has put together a dandy little timeline of What’s Happened Since Bush’s Reelection. Everything from:
November 3: Bush Pledges To Reach Out the Whole Nation In Second Term. Bush: “So today I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent: To make this nation stronger and better I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust. A new term is a new opportunity to reach out to the whole nation.”

November 8: Federal Judge Rules Bush Overstepped Constitutional Grounds In Brushing Aside Geneva Conventions In Treatment of Detainees.

November 9: Presidential Election Revealed Major Voting System Failures.


To:

September 23: SEC Launches Probe into Stock Sales Of Sen. Bill Frist.

September 28: Tom DeLay Indicted, Resigns Leadership Position.

October 3: Harriet Miers Nominated to the Supreme Court.

October 4: Bush Admits Defeat on Social Security. In a press conference, Bush said, “There seems to be a diminished appetite in the short term” for dealing with Social Security.

October 25: Harriet Miers’ Nomination Withdrawn.

October 25: U.S. Military Suffers 2,000th Fatality in Iraq.

October 28: I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby Charged With Five-Count Indictment.


Yes, it has been quite a year.

No comments: