The deal for this one is
you give four responses to each question and then add a new question of your own at the end
I knew this was coming, so let's see if I've saved up any good answers or not...
Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life:
1. Writing for a college newspaper. It's where I found out that I...if you've seen Ratatouille, you know the scene where Remy freaks out because Linguini's ruining the soup? That's me when I see bad writing.
2. Night manager at The Best Used Bookstore In The Bay Area. This is not just my opinion, we were so voted...
3. Playwright. Hey, I was actually paid to do it (or rather, to have done it) once...
4. Babysitter, years and years and years and years and years ago.
Four countries I have been to:
I've rarely been out of the United States, although I have been to Tennessee which I think ought to count. There's a few places I'd like to visit, especially in Europe, and one, Mexico, that I intend never to set foot in as long as I live. Oh, and I've been to Canada.
Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. In a theater directing a play
2. California, although the whole "governor Arnold Schwarzenegger" thing might make me rethink.
3. New York, but only if I had money. I'd see every show on one side of Broadway and then the other.
4. Utopia. What?
Four foods I like to eat:
1. Weird ones
2. Goldfish cheese crackers
3. Burger King hamburgers (has to be. They're just better than McDonald's).
4. Andrea Trindle (and in the unlikely event that she finds this, hi!)
Four personal heroes, past or present:
1. Kevin Smith- Yes, his overage fanboy ways have really worn on me, and I'm nowhere near as much of a fan as I used to be, but there's no denying he's got my ideal job.
2. Harlan Ellison- How many different ways can I say it? All-time favorite. Described by Neil Gaiman as
"...partly one of the greatest writers of the 20th century and partly an ... impish and furious 11-year-old boy -- and at the same time a cranky old Jew who doesn't just enjoy his cranky old Jewdom. He revels in it."
Now that's a man.
3. Alan Moore- Because he knows the score. And BTW, the news that Watchmen is "finally" coming to the big screen does not fill me with joy. Maybe, maybe if they were doing it Lord of the Rings style and committed to making a series of films. And if they got Terry Gilliam to direct them.
4. Peter Milligan- When he was writing Shade and before he ruined it.
Four books you've just read or are currently reading.
1. Fire with fire : the new female power and how it will change the 21st century by Naomi Wolf
2. Two books by Charles Grodin
3. Dating dead men by Harley Jane Kozak
4. White knight; the rise of Spiro Agnew by Jules Witcover
Four words or phrases you would like to see used more often
2. "The Jack Benny Program!"
3. "All aboard!"
4. "George Bush and Dick Cheney left The White House today following the first joint impeachment in our nation's history."
And the question I will add to this meme is:
If you had a Tardis and could use it to see any four performances in history, what would they be?
1. Olivier in Macbeth
2. Frank Sinatra's first "retirement" concert.
3. Burt Lahr in Waiting For Godot.
4. Bob Fosse's Big Deal.
Tagging RAB, Dr. Zaius, Mana, and J.D.