Sunday, August 12, 2007

Speaking of Batgirls...

Yahoo! TV has an item about Mary-Louise Parker, of whom you may remember a certain picture in a Batgirl t-shirt. The item is about the lesbian icon and Emmy-nominated actress's return in the third season of her Showtime series, Weeds, in which she plays a dope-dealing widow.



I've tried Weeds and found it to be not for me (maybe I didn't inhale), but I've appreciated Parker and her work as far back as Grand Canyon in 1991; including of course The West Wing and Angels In America.

Which is why I maybe shouldn't have been as surprised as I was to read this little factoid: "Parker is just a few days past her 43rd birthday."

!

Mary-Louise Parker is 43?

In one word: Damn. She still looks young enough that, if she said she wanted to play Keitha, I would have to give it some very serious consideration.*

PS: And she's given birth, too.








*Yes, this is in a magical candyland in which Emmy-nominated actresses are lining up to play my characters. Don't go snapping your fingers to bring me out of it, ok? I'm so much happier here...

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

I don't know why any Emmy-nominated actress WOULDN'T want to play one of your characters!

Ben Varkentine said...

I was going to try and make a joke about how with my luck, it would be Tina Fey-

But the very idea of that is cruel and wrong.