Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What purpose is singing? I like to sing.

According to CNN, I:

...have a gift for expression. Whether it's writing, drawing, creating objets d'art or making music, you see the world in a unique way and are able to convey that to other people.


Say, do you think that means I could quote them on a book jacket?

"Ben Varkentine has a gift for expression...he sees the world in a unique way and is able to convey that to other people."-CNN.

Shouldn't have to lie...

No doubt you doodle on napkins and meeting notes,


Well, no. I can't draw and I'm not much of a doodler.

are always humming a new tune,


I do often have a tune in my head-but it's more likely to be The Lightning Seeds than anything new.

have already read the latest fiction releases,


I'm always reading something, but again, it's not likely to be new and it's almost never fiction. With the exception of a few mystery writers I follow and my recent investigations into the world of chick lit.

and know all the local art galleries' schedules by heart.


Nope.

You might like hobbies like sketching,


See doodling, above.

photography,


No-rather than take a photo of something I see, I'd try to write about it later.

sculpting,


Actually I wouldn't mind trying this, but I'd probably be in it just for the nude models.

playing an instrument,


It's true, I would love to really be able to play the keyboards.

singing,


More often than I hum, really.

journaling,


I suppose blogging is a form of this...

scrap-booking


Absolutely not.

or designing clothing.


If you'd seen the clothes I buy, you wouldn't suggest this.

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

This is what I got:

"FOOD

You hold your own "Iron Chef" contests, don't you? You've never met a recipe that you didn't want to try, and you demanded a Silpat for your last birthday. You went to the Smithsonian just to see Julia Childs' kitchen installation, and you never miss an episode of "Good Eats." Your friends beg you to recreate that decadent tiramisu you made a year ago, even though you feel the dessert is no longer a challenge and you've moved on to blood orange soufflé. You might like hobbies like cake decorating, drink mixing, grilling and barbecuing, food critiquing, candy making, pickling or creating your own recipes."

The funny thing is, I did ask for a Silpat for my birthday... I am such a food nerd.