Sunday, March 02, 2008

The last word on the Oscars

I don't know if anyone noticed (or cared), but I didn't do a post this year, as I have previously, giving my thoughts on the Oscars.

I didn't even run that many pictures of the women I thought were best-dressed. By which I of course mean the ones who made me want to see them un-dressed. The picture of Anne Hathaway in the rose-gown was from that event, but that was all.

But anyway, I didn't record my thoughts on it because I don't really have many. Though I was pleased to see the Peter & the Wolf featurette to which I linked in January take the award for best animated short.

I bring all this up by way of leading into a link to Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy, wherein he gives his thoughts on the event, and recommending it. Especially this part:

I feel a keen sense of frustration when both reporters and ordinary folks ask me about the disparity between the films being honored and the past year’s box-office hits. Do they seriously think the Academy should present an Oscar to moneymakers like Alvin and the Chipmunks? Would that make everybody feel better?

No comments: