Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Should they be back? Some.

I was thinking of writing a little post about the season/probably series finale of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but as it turns out Whitney Pastorek's recap serves that purpose to a lovely degree.




My favorite color keeps Summer Glau warm so she can blossom.





I agree with most everything Pastorek says, but I'd add praise for Glau as the bot-chick, and it's not just because she's such pretty good eye-candy.

But, let's not kid ourselves...

Also increasingly, Thomas Dekker has been impressing me as John Connor. I know...me and my unusual "female"-male relationships again, but it is the part of the show I like best. What do you want me to do? Lie?

Just where the show loses power is hinted at in its very--and very unwieldy--title.


Sarah Connor is the weak link. I'm not sure if this is Lena Headey's fault (although I'd like to think not, since I've liked her in other things).

It could be just because Linda Hamilton's was such a "WOW" of a performance that anyone else would be hard-pressed to do as well.

If the show gets a second season, which seems unlikely but not impossible, I hope they recast, rewrite, or eliminate the part. And if it doesn't get a 2nd...I'm okay with that too. This series is kind of like the Hillary Clinton of television for me.

I'd be perfectly happy to see it renewed...but my heart is really with shows like Dirt.



...Did I just (unintentionally) parallel Barack Obama with a series called Dirt?

No comments: