Wednesday, March 05, 2008

New definitions...for the word...*gall*

As most of you reading this know, I have certain "issues" with the state of Tennessee, god's gift to the collector of human oddity. For those of you who don't know, these stem almost wholly from my experiences with the Tennessee Stage Company.

This group produced my play The Girl in the Boat in 2003, and thanks to some diva actors and an amateur director, screwed it up all to hell. In these things, I take as my role model Sweeney Todd: He never forgets and he never forgives.

The Tennessee Stage Company is currently using a picture of the cast of that play, and that play alone, on their submissions page. Should any new playwrights be thinking of submitting to them, and tumble across this blog looking for more information, chew this over, before you do:

I can only tell you about what happened to me. And I found that their actors are selfish and spoiled, and the promises of their directors mean nothing.

No comments: