Saturday, March 08, 2008

Worries about divisiveness and other issues

Good article here (from Newsweek) on the Clinton campaign, hinting at one of the reasons for my own apprehension about her. This is that I really, honestly wonder about the psychological aspects of her experiences surrounding her husband’s impeachment.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I worry that they've made her not just tough, which is good, but hard, which isn't. And I worry, not about whether she will answer the phone at three AM, but about what her first instincts will be in a crisis.

And about whether she can do the job for other reasons. Yes, a lot of the reasons Ms. Clinton became divisive is because she ran into the wall of the Old Men's Club--but she is divisive. And I worry about the affect that would have on her effectiveness, as president.

On a lighter note, I've read one of her books, and I've read one of Obama's; it's no contest: His is excellent, hers puts you to sleep.

And yes, as always, the Iraq thing continues to bug me.

No comments: